Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Make a choice already


For some reason in the last month I have paid more attention to those little political yard signs than ever. It all started when I learned something about a local candidate that bothered me. I am probably one of the few that actually does some research prior to voting so I thought I had better check out the opposition. Just prior to doing any research the person I was considering sign showed up in my neighbor’s yard. This troubled me greatly because my neighbor is full fledged Liberal  and those who think they know me would call me a Republican, when in truth I am a conservative by choice and a Republican by default. So when I saw the sign in their yard I thought to myself what am I going to do? Will this be the first time that I have ever voted for a Democrat? Now more than ever I had to do my research. When I did my research I found out that the sign in my neighbor’s yard was actually a Republican, still I thought it was weird that my neighbor had a Republican’s sign in the yard. After a week had passed the sign in the yard disappeared, I figured they realized the guy was a republican and removed the sign. Then came a bigger surprise, a sign from the other candidate still a Republican show up in the same yard and I thought to myself make up your mind already. Then after a week it too disappeared. So now my mind is fixed on these signs. The picture above is my favorite ,this guy actually had four signs in his yard, two for each candidate running for the office of Sherriff. Does he think by not choosing publically he won’t make whoever wins upset and avoid problems with the law?  When it comes time to vote he will have to choose one because you can’t have both. This is exactly what James 4:4 says

 4 You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.

Many people try to put both signs in their yards so to speak by the way they live their lives, they want to be friends both with the world and with God. The problem however is that unlike the race for Sherriff which we have no idea who will win, we know in the end God wins so why put both signs in your yard? God sees them both and when He wins, knowing you kept mowing around the sign for Satan it would like you never had the sign for Jesus at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment