Saturday, May 26, 2012

That's not fair?



One phrase that has bugged me for some time is that’s not fair. How does anyone know what fair is? In the last month I have been witness to a lot of things that many would say is not fair from their own personal point of view.  However what we think is not fair could very well be part of God’s plan and who are we to question His plan; but many of us do. When we think we have it all figured out and it does not go our way we think or say that’s not fair. But what we are really doing is saying we are right and God is wrong and that my friend is a dangerous place to be. Job was asked this very same question by none other  than God when things did not go the way he thought they should in Job 40: 6-8
Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind: “Brace yourself like a man,
    because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. “Will you discredit my justice and condemn me just to prove you are right?
Brace yourself like a man because I have some questions for you. (If I heard that my first reaction would be this can’t be good.) However when we think that something is not fair God probably looks at us like a spoiled little kid in a store who is whining because they did not get what they thought they needed when in reality the parent knows what’s best for  the child. God knows what’s best for you talk to him about it. 

1 comment:

  1. We have the choice just above this comment box of marking "Poor", "FAIR", or "Good". 8-} Ironic?

    I'll rate you "good" as far as content idea; keep improving your use of the English language.

    ReplyDelete