Saturday, June 16, 2012

BBQ joint reviews: Oklahoma Joe's



Oklahoma Joe's Olathe Kansas ***** 

Not much on atmosphere I mean it’s in a gas station and who ever heard of good food coming from a gas station.

Sauces:  Two to choose from, they are good but not the best I’ve had. However they compliment the meat very well.

Ribs: Simply the best I have ever had.  Good rub, good smoke, meaty and cooked to perfection  

Pulled Pork:  Again the best I have ever had, just the right amount of smoke.

Brisket: I almost did not get the brisket but it was advertised as the best in the world and I think they were right. It was so tender I think you could have eaten it through a straw.  I may dream about this brisket

Sides: Good, but not great but who cares

Overall:  When you can sit down at a barbeque place and say three times that is the best I’ve ever had, that is some place. It's not the prettiest I've had but it is the best.

Here is the line to get in. It moved very quickly they know how to get people in and out.

The Carolina Pulled Pork with a spicy slaw.

The 3 rib dinner with that amazing drink through a straw brisket

No comments:

Post a Comment