Monday, October 15, 2012

Not made to wait



I was very convicted at church yesterday as it worked out the Sunday school lesson and the sermon were both pointing fingers right at me. Sunday school had to do with being a lukewarm Christian and the sermon was about sharing your faith. I was reminded of what I have done more times than I’d care to admit. I go into a situation all prepared to share my faith, talk about Jesus, to tell someone how much He means to me, then I walk away saying the opportunity never came up and I’m good with that. I should not be good with that attitude. Because Satan would be greatly pleased with that attitude and Jesus would not. Sitting around waiting for the right moment is not what we are commanded to do. In the great commission Jesus said GO not wait. There are those who would not agree but the Christian was made to play offense not defense. The opportunity never came up is one of the worst things a Christian can say because it actually shows that they hate people, by not letting them know that trusting in Jesus is how they avoid Hell. It also show how little they think of Jesus by not wanting to be identified with Him. We were not made to wait.

1 comment: