Saturday, July 7, 2012

Who wears the pants?


Who wears the pants in your family? I have heard this saying all my life and always thought of it as a contest between the husband and the wife of who got their way, who got to do what they wanted more than the other. In short who dictates what goes.  At some point in my life another player has been added to the mix and this may offend some of you. But in many families today it’s the kids who wear the pants in the family. The kids dictate where the parents go, what the parents eat, the list goes on and on. Like with a lot of things I think at first it starts with good intentions but gets elevated to the point that it is dangerous. If a person is not careful a parent can actually worship their children as idols and place more importance on them than God himself. Anyone who has kids knows it changes your life forever but don’t let it change who you are and your relationship with the LORD. Who wears the pants in my family? Teresa of course, no not really for the last little more than 10 years Jesus wears the pants in this family and if He didn’t I shudder to think where we would be now.

No comments:

Post a Comment