Saturday, September 22, 2012

Resturant Review: Mondo's Draft House


Mondo’s Draft House

 

We needed a place to eat in Iowa City and wanted to try something new. I did a little research and fell in love with this picture.

 

A salmon BLT! It was all I could think about. So Mondo’s Draft House it was. The overall theme I would call an upscale sports bar it was very nice. The décor was rich and elegant for a sports bar. The service was good but for what I would call an upscale establishment (that serves $30 steaks) the dress of the wait staff did not match the décor. Their attire was a takeoff on Hooters, just out of place for what you can see here a very nice place.  

 

When the food arrived I knew immediately that my expectations of Mondo’s Draft House were set to high. I did not take any pictures of our food but now wish I had. If you refer to the picture of the Salmon BLT above which is amazing. What I ordered came on a regular bun in a plastic basket on paper! Far from what the picture showed. I will say despite the let down it was a good sandwich. The fries that came with them were undercooked and soggy. I won’t go into a lot of detail about the other dishes I sampled at the table, the French Dip was average, the Mac and Cheese was okay, the mashed potatoes were the worst I’ve ever had and the steak bruschetta salad was just weird, almost greasy.  With all that said Mondo’s received one of the lowest value scores I’ve ever given. My sandwich served in plastic was $12.00. I would have valued it at $7.00. Needless to say a bad experience but when it comes to eating out sometimes you win sometimes you lose.  This time we lost, never give up trying.

 Price range: (everyday, a night out, a special occasion only) Special occasion

Overall rankings all based 1 to 5

Atmosphere:  3.5

Service:         3.5

Food:             2

Value:           1

Overall          2

516 2nd Street
Coralville
(319) 337-3000

No comments:

Post a Comment