Thursday, September 29, 2011

Think this is disgusting?



That’s disgustiing, and I’m not talking about today’s picture. Which I’ll admit is pretty disgusting. However to God sometimes the things we do are even more disgusting to him than this picture. We try to bring things to God and say look at this or look at me. We try to act all cool when we think we are in front of Him and the truth is He sees us all of the time. When we go to church or do good things again we say look at me God, Look at what I’m doing and when we do it just to try and impress Him, it disgusts Him. After all how can YOU impress God? It’s all about intentions. What are your intentions for the things that you do? If it’s to try and impress God, good luck with that. If it is out of a love and worship for God He won’t be impressed but He will be pleased.

Isaiah 1: 11-14
11 “What makes you think I want all your sacrifices?”
says the Lord.
“I am sick of your burnt offerings of rams
and the fat of fattened cattle.
I get no pleasure from the blood
of bulls and lambs and goats.
12 When you come to worship me,
who asked you to parade through my courts with all your ceremony?

13 Stop bringing me your meaningless gifts;
the incense of your offerings disgusts me!
As for your celebrations of the new moon and the Sabbath
and your special days for fasting—
they are all sinful and false.
I want no more of your pious meetings.
14 I hate your new moon celebrations and your annual festivals.
They are a burden to me. I cannot stand them!

1 comment: