Saturday, October 29, 2011

Resturant Review: Bang Bang Mongolian Grill


For at least a couple of years now my oldest daughter has been after me to go Hu Hot and my answer was always the same I don't eat the E's, Chines, Japanese, Vietnamese. Teresa and I neither one like that type of food. Last night we were in Des Moines and Rachel was not with us so we thought we would try a place that she would no go. So Stacy made her pitch again to go to HuHot. It was not well received and Jared said that it would be very busy. I thought here is my way out and Jethro's here we come.
Stacy continued to explain the Mongolian grill concept and said if you wanted, you could just get a bowl of steak and have them cook it. However it was when she said that you could also throw some pineapple in is when the wheels started turning. I was in. We arrived at Bang Bang and told the waitress that we had never been to a place like this and she was gracious enough to take us on a tour.

My first trip I was very conservative got some steak, broccoli, pineapple and carrots. They cooked it up for me and it was not bad but bland. I was afraid to put any sauces or seasoning on it. The next trip  I went for salmon, tilapi, broccoli, pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sesame seed oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. I will have to admit it was very good.

Th place does not make any of my top lists but it was a good experience and I would eat there again.

As we were leaving Stacy said I was still E free because it was Mongolian.

Here is the concept




The West Des Moines location



1 comment: