Saturday, October 29, 2011

Resturant Review: Goldie's Ice Cream Shop Praire City Iowa



I had once heard of Goldie's in Prairie City and now that it made number 4 on the top 100 hundred places to eat in central Iowa I had to try it. They boast the best tenderloin in the state, this I had to see. Because in my opinion the best tenderloin in Iowa is at the Short Stop in New London. The food arrived & most everyone ordered the tenderloin with various sides and if you know our family we tend to share a lot of food. On the table we had cheese curd nuggets, onion rings and Goldie fries, they are beer battered steak fries. All three were excellent. the onion rings were the stringy kind, the best part was the lack of grease.  In case you were wondering it was a really good tenderloin, however not as good as The Short Stops I would have to say Goldies is second best.
                                   
                                         The Goldie fries and the onion rings


The inside of Goldies

2 comments:

  1. Larry just said, "Darn that Mike! Every time he posts something, it costs me money!!" :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete