Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reservations Please!



Anyone who knows me knows I am all about food, especially good food. After all my vacation this last summer was planned around but what else, food. Since I have gotten older my thoughts of food have switched from quantity to quality. I have had some great food over the last couple of years and hope to have more in the future. However it will all seem like limburger cheese (which is the worst thing I have ever eaten in my life) when compared to the banquet that awaits in Heaven. And this comes from a farm boy who should have kept his mouth shut when hog manure was flying through the air.  Looks at what Isaiah 25: 6-8 promises.

 6 In Jerusalem,[a] the Lord of Heaven’s Armies
will spread a wonderful feast
for all the people of the world.
It will be a delicious banquet
with clear, well-aged wine and choice meat.
7 There he will remove the cloud of gloom,
the shadow of death that hangs over the earth.
8 He will swallow up death forever![b]
The Sovereign Lord will wipe away all tears.
He will remove forever all insults and mockery
against his land and people.
The Lord has spoken!

 A delicious banquet, no cloud of doom, no death, no tears, no insults and mockery of his people.

Say reservations please! and ask Christ into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment