Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What about day 61?



We all look for guarantees and the reason we look for them is so something can be done when something goes wrong.  With something like a 60 day guarantee with my luck something goes bad on day 61. We have been guaranteed that Jesus will come again. Our current perception of a guarantee is not even close enough to understand the true meaning of this. In our day guarantees are meant as a sales tool, vows are expected to be broken, promises not kept, escape clauses in contracts, no wonder we doubt. However Jesus is coming back and He will be large and in charge. I decided that best way to say it was the He is coming back. Not that it was promised or guaranteed just that He is. Don’t know when just, He is. I just know this and believe this and can’t wait. In my own mind I hope it comes soon but I know he is waiting on others and I don’t want to hurry that up after all it could be someone I love very much. It could even be you.      

 Isaiah 9
6 For a child is born to us,
a son is given to us.
The government will rest on his shoulders.
And he will be called:
Wonderful Counselor,[d] Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 His government and its peace
will never end.
He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David
for all eternity.
The passionate commitment of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies
will make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment