Monday, October 3, 2011

Physic or Physco?


This summer on our trip to LA I was surprised (why I don’t know) with the number of fortune tellers and physics I saw there. There were more signs of the occult than pizza places around here. Perhaps I should have been offended by these places of business we’ll call them but instead I just found it funny. I started telling the fortunes of my family. Like, I see a long trip in your future, because we had to fly home eventually. Or I sense that you will find yourself in front of a great feast soon. No brainer there because we ate every 3 hours. I mean why ask these people for guidance, what do they know? If you want to ask go to the source, God.  Going to a fortune teller or a physic for guidance would be like going to a politician for ethical advice. They just don’t know anything about it. God is sovereign and knows everything in advance so why not go to Him?  

Isaiah 8:19
19 Someone may say to you, “Let’s ask the mediums and those who consult the spirits of the dead. With their whisperings and mutterings, they will tell us what to do.” But shouldn’t people ask God for guidance? Should the living seek guidance from the dead?

1 comment: