Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What do you want?


Note to Self by Joe Thorn is a book that I now use as a daily devotional. Each day I will share the scripture passage and an expert from the book and a few of my own thoughts as part of my blog.
Scripture passage 1 Peter 1:13
5Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Section from the book
What is your greatest hope? Your deepest longing? Is it for Christ to return? Be honest. That’s not always at the top of your list. The reason you are not eagerly waiting for Jesus is because you either misunderstand his second coming and/or love the world more than your King and his kingdom.


 Simple thoughts
Truthfully, there is nothing I can say about the section of the book today, truly sobering if you stop and think about it. Something to ponder today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment