Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Are you one of those people?

Today as I was reading about Peter's denying Jesus three time I remembered a recent comment that was made to me at work a couple of weeks ago. Out of the blue someone said "I heard that you were a pastor." Before I tell you how I responded read          John 18:17-18
17 The woman asked Peter, “You’re not one of that man’s disciples, are you?”
   “No,” he said, “I am not.”  18 Because it was cold, the household servants and the guards had made a charcoal fire. They stood around it, warming themselves, and Peter stood with them, warming himself.
 
When I read these verse Peter did really two things first and worst he denied, second and as equally as bad he just stood around. I am the type of person that really likes to be prepared before I answer any question. However when they said I heard that you were a pastor that was nothing that I would have ever been prepared for. So now I had some choices one was to just to politely say no and walk away, another would have been to do like Peter did and say no and then stand around and blend in. But thanks to words that were given to me from above I said no I am not, then took the opportunity to explain the roles that I do play in the church and I also said as Christians we are not all pastors but should all be ministers.
 
As you are reading this you may be thinking good for Mike. Please don't think that at all because comparing that to Peter's situation is not entirely fair. In my situation I did not feel threatened at all, where Peter did. One question that I continually ask myself is how would I react if I did feel threatened? I'm still not sure.
 
You should ask yourself the same question and prepare yourself for your answer
 

1 comment: