Thursday, March 3, 2011

But...... What about them?

I finished reading the book of John this morning and I find the verse 22 very interesting.
These are the very last words that John records Jesus as saying.

John 21:22
Jesus replied, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? As for you, follow me.”

Jesus knows mankind all to well. We spend so much time saying what about them? It makes me think of someone who get singled out in a line of traffic for a speeding ticket. Their response is likely "what about them"?
This also makes me think of one of my other favorite verses  Job 38:2

“Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words?

I think that Jesus is giving us all some very good advice here. I think what he is saying is don't get all wrapped up in what everyone else is doing or not doing but make sure you are following him. If you are truly following him everything else will naturally fall into place. This is by no means an excuse not to speak of Jesus but speaks of God's sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment