Friday, March 25, 2011

I Pity the Fool Who Doesn't Do

Verse 22 is the last verse I will cover in chapter one of James it says:

22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.

This for me is the most convicting verse in the whole chapter. Acting on what we hear and practicing what we have been taught. Do we do these things like we should? I know I don't like I should but it's something that I am working on.

Like I have said before the biggest fear I have about being a Christian is becoming religious. Just listening, reading, and studying God's word and not doing what it says. That's religion. This can be taken to the extreme the other way as well and just doing good things and not listening, reading, and studying God's word that is religion as well.

Religion is the road to wrath but a relationship with Christ is the road to righteousness.

So I pity the fool who doesn't do.

1 comment: