Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stay Away It's a Trap

Some one asked me yesterday, "How was your weekend?" My first response was it was great I got a two pair of Rock port shoes for less than $40. But then I said you know really the best part of my weekend was the fact that I did three things that I really didn't want to do. I can tend to be selfish with my time and when it was all said and done I gave up some of my time this weekend and it was the highlight of the weekend. So James 3: 14-15 are very fitting.

14 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don’t cover up the truth with boasting and lying. 15 For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. 16 For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

Here it says that selfishness is earthly, unspiritual and demonic. So the fact that I realize that I can be selfish with my time and was able to work it through explains why my weekend turned out so good.

Then there is the jealousy thing I have visited with people who are bitterly jealous and the fact that they are so bitter they do not even realize that they are jealous. Those who are consumed by the fact that others have more than they do, do not get a step closer to those things because they are trapped by their jealousy.
I often here people say that the rich should pay more in taxes just because of the fact they have more. They are really just jealous that the so called rich person has more than they do. I have know this for some time but was reminded of the fact on the show Secret Millionaire on Sunday night was this guy started his own company from scratch worked 80 to 100 hours a week then sold his company for 500 million dollars. The guy was 36 not married and no kids. He paid a price for that wealth that some would never dream of. Including the people who want to take a bigger share of his money so they can have a share of it.

To make a long story short like the verse says don't cover up the truth with boasting and lying. Look for any jealousy or selfishness in your heart and ask God to help you with these things for they are earthly, un-spiritual, and demonic. Because selfishness and jealousy are debilitating traps that in the end could kill you physically and spiritually

No comments:

Post a Comment