Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ya know you want one



Today as I was reading a book by A.W. Pink I was made to consider two things that I had not previously thought about Eve.

In the past in my head I had a picture that Satan came to Eve and was telling her all that stuff about the tree of life and then Eve went to the tree and did some harvesting.

What Pink says actually makes much more sense and makes mankind even more depraved and gullible than I even previously thought. Pink said that Eve was standing in front of the tree longing for the fruit even before Satan approached her If she was not standing in front of the tree in the first place what difference would that have made. Makes perfect sense now that I’ve heard that, and again highlights the depravity of man.

The other thing that I had not considered is the fact the Satan himself more than likely took a piece of fruit for himself and ate it right in front of her and I can only imagine how he must have been making all those sounds like, mmmmmm, ahhhhhh, ohhhhh, then lied about the powers it gave him. This enforces how gullible mankind really is.

So in closing just think about what tree is it that you are standing before right now then consider the motives of those that tell you it’s okay to pick from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment