Friday, March 2, 2012

You do it more than you think

Today’s blog is part of a series I’m going to call Despicable me. It will be about possibly one of the most important yet most misunderstood subjects in the Bible. A subject has to be properly understood for a person even being to understand the grace of God and that subject is Sin.


What do you do more than you think? For many it may be gossip. I took the following from Kevin DeYoung’s book the Good News we almost forgot. Some good things to think about.

You can gossip in one of two ways by passing a rumor that can’t be substantiated or by passing along a true report unnecessarily.

Before we talk about someone else we should ask ourselves some questions. Would the person I’m about to talk about be happy for others to know this? If I share this story what good will come of it? Am I sharing this negative incident about someone else so that I can feel closer to the person I’m talking to? If I tell this bit of news will it lead the person I’m talking to, to form a negative view of the other person? Gossip can be deceit even if it is true because it leads people to think worse of others than they should.

So are you a gossip?

No comments:

Post a Comment