Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The face of evil






2 Thessalonians 3


2 Pray, too, that we will be rescued from wicked and evil people, for not everyone is a believer




Today’s blog went in a direction that I certainly did not see coming. When you think of wicked and evil people what images come to mind? Perhaps it’s something like today's picture. However an interesting thing happened to me as I prepared today’s blog. The face of evil may not be what you think. Every day as I prepare this blog I look at perhaps hundreds of pictures to find just the right one. I am continually amazed when searching a completely innocent word the number of offensive pictures that show up. Today was different I Google image searched evil people and found less offensive pictures than most of the other words I have searched.  When I searched evil people there were many who did not look evil. There were of course politicians, world leaders, athletes, and actors whose faces showed up. As well as others who may have indeed have been evil I had no way of knowing. The point is that you can’t tell whose evil just by looking. So when you look at today’s verse Paul is asking for prayer to be rescued from wicked and evil people for not everyone is a believer. I’m sure the people he was talking about did not look like the guy in today’s picture either. People who passively or purposely persecute believers don’t have a specific look. They can not only be normal looking but they could also be very close to you.  Not everyone is a believer and if they are not, they are against Christ and therefore may come against you. That is why it is so important to know these things and to spread the Gospel message so that God can use you to convert the evil and wicked people of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment