Saturday, August 27, 2011

Help Wanted



2Thessalonians 1:11(a) So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call.

 I started writing this blog almost 9 months ago missing very few days however this is the first time that I remember splitting one verse into two days, living a life worthy of His call. When I first read this my first reaction was that this was indeed impossible, that on my own I am unable to live a life worthy of His call. Then I realized that I was right, on my own I can’t do it. Sometimes when you read something your mind is drawn to just one part of what you are reading, when I first read this my mind went straight to living a life worthy of His call. I skipped right past the part about God enabling. I so want to live a life worthy of His call but I know I can’t do it on my own. I would covet prayers from anyone for God to enable me to live that life. But in turn I have to do a much better job of deliberately doing the same myself for others. Just thinking about being worthy is intimidating. God is such a high standard that cannot be reached without His help and the help He offered was Christ. If you put the help wanted sign in your window Christ answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment