Friday, February 10, 2012

Don't get wet



There is nothing better than watching some loud mouth sitting in a dunk tank go for a swim. Sooner or later the odds are going to catch up with him and they’re going to get wet. When it comes to saying dry one of the memories I have as a child was when I first heard of Jesus walking on the water. I thought it was so cool that someone could do that. However I was only a child and I don’t remember or was not told the rest of the story until much later in life. I’ll bet that if you asked 100 people if anyone else walked on water besides Jesus, the biggest percentage would say no. I could be wrong but when you think of this story do you think of Peter walking on the water? In Matthew 14 it tells us that he did indeed walk on water as well until he saw trouble coming and became terrified and he sank and Jesus tells us why? Because in the midst of the troubles, Peter doubted Jesus. The point we want to focus on here is not the fact the Peter got wet we want to focus on the fact that Peter did indeed walk on water because he trusted in Jesus. So don’t get wet and trust in Jesus.
 

Matthew 14

29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the strong[d] wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted. 31 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”


No comments:

Post a Comment