Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Something to ponder



A Theologian was once asked at a seminar what is the most profound thing you have ever learned in your study of Theology? He thought for a moment and then replied “Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so.” Such a simple but yet such a deep answer if you stop and think about it. His answer came from probably the first song any child learns in Sunday school, yet the complexity of his answer can make the most seasoned believer stop and think about things like when Jesus said “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. That is what I love about the Bible so simple yet so complex, that’s why I never get tired of reading, studying, pondering, and talking about it. How about you? 

Matthew 18:2-4

2 Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them. 3 Then he said, “I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. 4 So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment