Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I surrender!



Today I read an interesting statement that is so true and it comes from the book
“The Good News We Almost Forgot” by Kevin Deyoung in it he says:

“The rejection of Jesus Christ is sometimes an intellectual problem and sometimes an ignorance problem, but it is always a surrender problem.”

Saying I surrender is something  we all have a problem with. We want to be in control, we want to matter on our own merits but sometimes in war to live you have to surrender. In life in order to live forever you have to surrender; to Christ. So go ahead and tell Jesus that you surrender to Him and see what happens.

Hebrews 12:9
Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn’t we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever?

From the hymn I surrender all

All to Jesus I surrender;

        all to him I freely give;

        I will ever love and trust him,

        in his presence daily live.

        I surrender all, I surrender all,

        all to thee, my blessed Savior,

        I surrender all.

No comments:

Post a Comment