Thursday, February 17, 2011

Expectations

1 Peter 1:3
 3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation,

Living with expectations, we all do it. We live our lives with many various expectations. We have expectations with our health, our careers, our finances, our relationships, this list can go on and on. But the problem comes when we put to much importance in these things. When we do this they become idols and idols are never good. Sooner or later these things will let us down, then we are disappointed or even crushed. But what Peter is talking about here is when you are born again you now live the great expectation of something that cannot and will not let you down and that is your eternal salvation. When you have Christ you have hope.

I have been around some people lately who are going through tremendous challenges in their lives and I look at the hope they have in Christ and I am encouraged. Then I think about those who don't have Christ and wonder how in the world will they ever make it without hope? Then I ask myself what am I doing to spread the Gospel Message? So that someday they may have that hope, that great expectation?

1 comment: