Monday, February 7, 2011

Credit where credit is due

I was reminded again this weekend of God's grace. I was able to spend the whole weekend with my family under one roof. I think of all of the broken families in the country today, all of the families that are scattered across the country, families who have had members taken from them too early, and families who just don't like each other very much. When you sit back and realize that you can not really control all of or really any of these things you can only point to God's grace and I have been blessed greatly by God. I saw a saying in a store this weekend that said that "Our family may not have it all together but together we have it all." I do not know the originators intention but when I read it I don't think of myself as the head of my family, I think of God as the father of my family and with that I am truly grateful and then yes, then we do have it all. I am by no means saying that everything is perfect but what I am saying is that when you put him first things like patience, forgiveness, discernment, and unconditional love come much easier. As much as I enjoyed my entire weekend I can not take any credit for it. All I can do is give credit where credit is due and thank him by giving him his props and trying my best to reflect his glory always.

No comments:

Post a Comment