Monday, February 28, 2011

Everyone say hi Mike

Hi my name is Mike and I have an addiction.
Everyone say hi Mike.
Did you say hi Mike? The chances very good that you should be in the same support group with me to fight this addiction.
The question becomes what is this addiction? John 12:43 answers this for allot of us.

For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.

They say the first step to overcoming an addiction is to admit that you have it. I do admit that sometimes I do love human praise and get all wrapped up in what people may or may not think of me and not for the glory of God but for the glory of me.

Sometimes I don't do or say the things I know I should for fear of what people might think. It is something that I realize and work on everyday, not always succeeding.
Now the question becomes if you have the same problem can you admit to it as well? And what are you going to do about it?

3 comments: