Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day thoughts

How appropriate that the following verses came up in my reading on this Valentine's Day. It is Ecclesiastes 4:9-11

  9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 11 Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone?

God said it is not good for man to be alone and here he says that two are better than one. God desined marraige for this very reason so who ever you are with if you realize that God has put you together and he has a purpose for doing so how much better off will you be?
 In the 6 months after Teresa graduated in 1982 a good share of her classmates got married and today we are the only ones left still married to each other. I can only give credit where credit is due and that is to the grace of God. Has it been great? Yes. Has it been easy sometimes yes, sometimes no. But I have always know that God had put us together for a reason. Some days I think I know that reason, other days I don't have a clue. But I do know that there is a reason and someday I will know. But for right now that is good enough for me.

 If either of us tried to do the marriage thing all on our own I have a pretty good feeling we would have been just like all of the others and failed miserably. After all I can be annoying at times. God put us together and kept us together.

I realize that Teresa has played a huge role in who I am today and I thank her for it.
So on this Valentine's day I thank God for first choosing me, second for choosing Teresa to be my wife, and third for the family that he has graced me with. I deserve none of it and still marvel at the grace of God for allowing me to have these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment