Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What's it worth to ya?

Yesterday Teresa was showing me a set of Princess House glasses. Yes they were nice but a set of 4 was over $40. Math was never my strength but that is over $10 a glass. In my book no glass is worth $10. Then I started thinking again about my word for the year "value." To someone that glass may be worth that kind of money but not to me. When I bought a 18 volt Dewalt cordless drill for $99 that was a good value to me. It is all about what we think things are worth.

What things in your life do you place the most value on? Your home, your car, your family, or some other prized possession? Guess what as important as those things are to all of us in the great scheme of things they are worthless garbage when you compare their value to knowing Christ.
The entire Bible points to it but Paul comes right out and says it in Philippians 3:8

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ

Knowing what things are worth is what makes any businessman successful but knowing what things are really worth is what brings joy to this life and also brings eternal life in Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. We value the same thing, but if the glasses were on sale I would of bought them. I love a good sale!!

    ReplyDelete