Sunday, July 31, 2011

Are you lost or just don't know where you are?

Luke 15
4 “If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders.     



 In my opinion there is a difference between not knowing where you are and being lost. When I think of not knowing where you are, I think of eventually finding my way back on my own. But when I think of being lost I think of being helpless and never getting back without the help. Over the past week I have realized that I didn’t know where I was at. Not because I was on vacation in Los Angeles but because I got away from spending time with Christ. I was not lost per say I just didn’t know where I was at. While in LA we relied solely on our GPS to get us where we needed to be, without it we would have been lost. Christ is the same way without him we would be lost. That is why verse 5 is so very important here. The lost sheep was so helpless that it had to be carried home on the shepherd’s shoulders. So if you’re lost let Jesus put you on His shoulders and carry you home and if you just don’t know where you are, turn back to Him and focus on Him to find your way back.  

1 comment: