Saturday, July 2, 2011

He does notice



Please click on the the following link for a 1 minute video prior to reading today's blog

http://youtu.be/AX_mA93jtgo






Are you a follower of Jesus? Or do you just say that you are, like the video suggests. When I read Luke 6:46 today I was reminded of the video that I hope you just watched, if you skipped it it’s only 1 minute long so come on quit your cheating and go back and watch it.
Luke 6:46 says:
46 “So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say?

You know I usually just hate it when Jesus asks a question because whenever he does it’s usually convicting. Here he asks why do you call me Lord (or say that you are a Christian or a follower of Jesus) and then don’t do what he says.  I don’t know about you but I do try so very hard to do what he says but still fall short. Then there are those who don’t try very hard or not at all. If that is you do you really think He doesn’t notice? He’s God, He notices and there are consequences.  I do however love how Jesus follows up his question in verse 47 when he says
47 I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it.

Do you have any idea how much truth is in this statement? Do you really? I find comfort in this because I have seen only a glimpse of what Jesus is capable of when I do this, and if I could only do it more how much more would I see.  If you have never done anything like this my advice would be to come to Christ and put your trust in Him. Listen to his teaching by reading and studying the Bible. Find a good church that actually preaches from the Bible and then put into practice what you learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment