Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Do you have a but?

Josh McKenney Photography: Color, Sepia and.... Sketch?


No, I didn't mispell the title of today's blog however I do want you to  check out the big buts in these four verses of Luke 9. They are huge and it is very important that you see them.




59 He said to another person, “Come, follow me.”
The man agreed, but he said, “Lord, first let me return home and bury my father.”
60 But Jesus told him, “Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.”
61 Another said, “Yes, Lord, I will follow you, but first let me say good-bye to my family.”
62 But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”

 Jesus said to a person “come follow me.” The man agreed, however the first word out of his mouth was but. But let me do this. Then there was another who said Yes, I will follow you but. He still had other things that were more important than following Jesus, which of course is the most important thing. The things these two people were asking were not bad things, the point is they were these peoples first things. Once a person sees and understands the glory of Christ Jesus becomes and stays first. So take a good long look at yourself and see if you have a but. If you discover that you have one see about getting rid of it.

1 comment: