Monday, June 20, 2011

Be Prepared


Be prepared. One thing about the Bible that I often forget is that it tells us what to expect. When things happen in my life I act surprised. However if I stop and think about it, whatever is going on in my life the Bible has already addressed it. For instance whenever someone causes division I’ll often think I never saw that one coming, but as usual it’s in the Book.

Jude 1:17-19 is just one example.
17 But you, my dear friends, must remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ said. 18 They told you that in the last times there would be scoffers whose purpose in life is to satisfy their ungodly desires. 19 These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. They follow their natural instincts because they do not have God’s Spirit in them.

There are people who purpose in life is to satisfy their ungodly desires, which may in fact cause division. So why should we be surprised when it happens. Instead of being surprised we should adopt the Boy Scout motto and be prepared. If you are prepared just think of the grief you will spare yourself and how much more effective you will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment