Sunday, June 26, 2011

Is your mind a mess?

In our world today where so many things compete for our attention sometimes our minds can be like a food processor with everything spinning around so very quickly getting all mixed up. The things in our minds can become so mixed up that we can no longer recognize what we started with, especially the important things. There is nothing more frustrating for me than when I take the time to pray that all of these other things rush into my mind and it effects my conversation with the Father. It can be like 15 people all trying to talk to you at once. Sometimes when it comes to prayer my mind is a mess.  Today in Luke 5:16     I found something that may be helpful it says.
But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.

To me this means more than physically walking into the woods to get away from it all. It means withdrawing from all of the “stuff” going on in my life and spending that quality time with God focusing on only Him. Jesus could have just snapped his fingers or wiggled his nose and made everything around Him stop. But Jesus chose to withdraw for prayer to show us how to get away and be with Him. Spending time with Him is the most important thing that you can do every day, figure out how to do it and do it right.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'm not alone in this. Only with His help, am I able to focus upon Him. Mind over matter (mind) should work, but it doesn't. Only God can be over mind and matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a good one. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete