Saturday, June 11, 2011

No ticket to Hollywood here

Philippians 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Sounds great doesn’t it. Does this mean I will win next year’s American Idol or So you think you can dance? I very well could make the show ,much like the people in this video.



But me winning is not very likely, just ask my family. I will have to admit that I have thought in the past that someday I would just wake up some morning and through some miracle of Christ I would become a good singer. I’m thinking that if God wanted me to be a good singer he would have done it by now.
But the point of all this is being realistic. This is one of those verses that some will pull out of context and say if you believe enough and have enough faith you can become a great singer, a great dancer, a pro athlete, wealthy beyond your imagination and truth is that’s a lie. All scripture has to be taken in context so with this well know verse I cannot assume that I am going to become extremely talented but what I can take away is the fact that when it comes to the problems, the burden, the struggles of life I can endure it, I can make it, I can even profit from it through Christ who strengthens me. In fact I can even be an encouragement to others because of it.
But you have to keep in mind it's not me but it's He.


No comments:

Post a Comment