Saturday, June 18, 2011

Resturant Review: Thirsty Camel



My parents had been wanting to take us to the Thirsty Camel for some time, especially for the Friday night special the all you can eat catfish. The Thirsty Camel is truly one of those places that is out in the middle of nowhere. Once we got there this set up was kind of interesting big open dining area. There were booths along the walls and the tables in the middle were few and far between. They literally could double the amount of tables in the place. It made the place feel big and wide open which is not a bad thing. The salad bar came with the meal and was limited but not too bad. Now for the catfish, it has been many years since I have had all you can eat catfish, I was looking forward to it however when my meal came there were two catfish on the plate that must have been still swimming in the river before they served them. They had been sitting for some time and were cool and soggy. Not a good start. I ordered hash browns and they were nothing to write home about short on flavor a little undercooked. I did ask for two more fish and had to wait awhile but when they were brought out they were excellent worth the wait, hot and crispy. Teresa had the camel hump (sirloin) I took a bite not a lot of flavor but hard to judge because she ordered it medium well (burnt.) The service was poor I think the waitress was nice enough but it was hard to tell because I never saw her. I must have had a one water limit never did get a refill and waited a long time to ask for the seconds on catfish.

 Price range: (everyday, a night out, a special occasion only) A night out

Overall rankings all based 1 to 5

Atmosphere 3

Service 2

Food 2

Overall 2



Overall, I would go if someone asked but would not go on my own or take anyone.

Thirsty Camel Supper ClubThirsty Camel Supper Club

18747 Highway 70 Conesville, IA 52739-8056 - (319) 725-6891

No comments:

Post a Comment