Monday, May 2, 2011

Learn To Be An Elevator

Time to start up again with the regular blog content.  1 Corinthians is where we will pick up again.  Thanks for your patience and I hope you will find something useful. Please feel free to share this content with anyone you think it may be a blessing to.




I have always admired people who could talk to others on many different levels. Many years ago I met a guy who talked regularly with world leaders, yet he could still sit down and have a conversation with me. Even as a teenager that impressed me. To me it made him genuine. In 1 Corinthians 2: 3-6 Paul knew how important it was to be able to talk about the Gospel on many different levels as well. Even Jesus who was God spoke in parables so that people could understand him.  

As Christians we should strive for the same things. We should stretch ourselves to learn what something like propitiation means. Yet be able to tell someone that Jesus’ death on the cross paid the price for their sin.

 Or be able to discuss predestination, but put it in terms like God is in complete control and no one can overrule his decision.

Finally one last one Monotheism or that there is only one God.

Not only do we need to be able to speak in terms that those around us can understand but again we need to keep learning so that we ourselves can grow in Christ and perhaps even talk to the people who do know the “big” words but do not know Christ.  We need to learn to be elevators and be able to go up and down as needed.

 1 Corinthians 2:3-6

3 I came to you in weakness—timid and trembling. 4 And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. 5 I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God. 6 Yet when I am among mature believers, I do speak with words of wisdom, but not the kind of wisdom that belongs to this world or to the rulers of this world, who are soon forgotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment