Sunday, May 1, 2011

Excuse me, but I couldn’t help but notice that electric chair around your neck.

Time to start up again with the regular blog content.  1 Corinthians is where we will pick up again.  Thanks for your patience and I hope you will find something useful. Please feel free to share this content with anyone you think it may be a blessing to.

1 Corinthians 1:18
The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

 How often do we really stop and think about the cross and what it really means?  For some they would never even consider this question. For others to think that even if a guy died on the cross it just means that he must have been guilty of something. Then for even others to think that someone would die on the cross so that others could be with him in a “better place” now that’s just foolish. I would have to agree if I did not know Christ there is no logic in thinking that such a thing could happen. However I am forever thankful that Jesus came and died for me so that I may be with him forever.

 The next time you see a cross ask yourself two questions, first what does the cross mean to me? And if someone is wearing a cross ask yourself, do they know what it means? Then perhaps engage them and find out, it could be an interesting conversation.

 In reality someone wearing a cross around their neck would be no different than wearing a symbol of an electric chair, a noose, or a needle. It was the method used to execute the most despicable criminals.
In the end the cross is what did or could save you from hell.

Please keep in mind how much God must love you to have Jesus suffer as much as he did all for you.








No comments:

Post a Comment