Sunday, May 8, 2011

Resturant Review: Blackstone

As I entered the Blackstone (recommended by my youngest daughter) I realized it was different than a lot of places that I have been. The décor was unique I would call it sophisticated modern whatever that means. It was a nice place to eat. The menu was interesting, heavy on sandwiches and salads. So I thought I had better go with a sandwich.  The waitress was very good even when you read the service score below of a 4 a 5 will be very tough to come by. But back to the food, I ordered the bacon cheddar. It was interesting to note that when you order you have to choose between hamburger and chicken. I knew I was in for a treat when I was asked how I wanted my hamburger cooked. I said medium rare and the waitress said you bet. I also got the homemade chips. The hamburger was one of the best I’ve had in recent memory. Someone at our table ordered 4 sliders and when they came it was like 4 regular sized hamburgers. The Blackstone offers very generous portion sizes. The homemade chips were very good as well. As we were preparing to leave the table next to us got some steaks. They looked wonderful I may have to go back and try one of those bad boys out.  

 Price range: (everyday, a night out, a special occasion only) A night out (sandwiches)  a special occasion (main entrees)

Overall rankings all based 1 to 5

Atmosphere 5
Service 4
Food 5
Overall 5


Blackstone
503 Westbury Drive Suite 1
Iowa City, Iowa 52245


www.blackstone-ic.com

2 comments:

  1. I would go back but there are other places I need to try as well. I also miss Jimmy Jacks and Jethros.

    ReplyDelete