Sunday, May 8, 2011

Resturant Review: Tumea & Sons

Starting today I would like to share my thoughts on some of the restaurants that I visit. After all I do like to eat.

Over the weekend I visited Tumea & Sons in Des Moines at the suggestion of my oldest daughter. Upon arrival the outside of the building did not look like much, however the best places to eat usually don’t look to good on the outside. The inside was old with what I would call a historical look. They have a full menu but are known for their pasta dishes so that is what I went with. The service was good but not outstanding. We started out with the Home Made Ravioli meat & cheese combination. They deep fry the ravioli and serve it with a sauce on the side. This was very good, a nice change from my usual onion ring appetizer. Next came the salad others at the table had creamy parmesan dressing which they all agreed was very good. For my main dish the waiter chose the Cavatelli with pepperoni. It was voted the best meal at the table. Teresa had the Fettucine Alfredo she said it was the best she had ever had. The highlight of the meal had to be the Ravioli appetizer.



Price range: (everyday, a night out, a special occasion only) A night out

Overall rankings all based 1 to 5

Atmosphere 3
Service 3.5
Food 4
Overall 4

 Tumea & Sons
1501 Southeast 1st ST. Des Moines IA. 50315
www.tumeaandsons.com

2 comments:

  1. and i got to check another one off the list. glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete