Friday, November 11, 2011

How do you plead?


1 Timothy 1:8-11

8 We know that the law is good when used correctly. 9 For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. 10 The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders,[c] liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching 11 that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God.


When you read these verses did you find yourself saying, whew….. not me, not me, not me? Please read them again and don’t forget the last part of verse 10 and verse 11 where is says “or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God.”

No you may have not done any of those other things that we tend to rank high on the sin chart but to God sin is sin and if you have done anything that is contrary to the Good News you have also broken the law and for that justice needs to be served. If you don’t feel that you have broken any of God’s laws please contact me. I would like to meet you, or better yet take some time to read the Bible and see if you meet God's standards. If you can tell me you do, you just lied and thus  just made the top ten list.

No comments:

Post a Comment