Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Simply Behold


I may have said this before but it is worth repeating. We are on this earth for one reason and one reason only and that is to bring glory to God. That is why he made us. (see below) One thing that we can to do to bring glory to God is to behold the glory of Christ. Behold is not a word that gets used to often today so I looked it up. It says to perceive through sight or apprehension or to gaze upon. Not a bad thing to do when it comes to Christ. There are some who profess to be strict, disciplined Christians, but who never put aside time to meditate on the glory of Christ. When a person falls in love with someone they cannot stop thinking or talking about them. So when we fall in love with Christ are we always thinking and talking about him. Good question, are you? There are so many who claim to know Christ, yet so few behold his glory, fewer are transformed into his image and likeness.

Take some time everyday and especially today and behold (gaze) upon Christ.

 Isaiah 43:7

7 Bring all who claim me as their God,
for I have made them for my glory.
It was I who created them.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment