Saturday, November 26, 2011

What does 2 Timothy and Jethro's BBQ have in common?


2 Timothy 2:10

10 So I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.

This is one of those things in the Bible that quite frankly is very hard for people to understand and I’m not just talking about people in general I am talking, born again believers, church leader, and yes even some pastors and that is why would Paul or anyone do the things that they do to the point of even enduring suffering to spread the Good News when God has already chosen those who have been saved? Just the fact the God does the picking really bothers some and they refuse to believe it even though it’s spread throughout scripture. That however is another topic and another time. The question at hand is why would a person endure anything for something that will happen anyway? The answer is Love and I’ll use myself in a silly example. I just love Jethro’s Barbeque in Des Moines & Altoona and by the way they are opening a new location in Waukee in a couple of weeks. (get the idea) Any way anyone who knows me and many that don’t have heard me talk about Jethro's. Now are people still going to show up and eat delicious barbeque rather I say anything or not? Of course, so why do I say anything? I say it because I love the place and I feel like I have a connection to the place. So now let’s translate that over to today’s question at hand. If a Christian loves Christ they want to tell everyone about Him just because they love Him and they have a connection with Him. The amount a person is willing to endure for Christ is directly tied to that person’s love for Christ. Now the new question is how much are you willing to endure for Christ? God can do this all on his own, but he wants to use you  and let you to share in the glorious process. He’s kind of that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment