Thursday, April 14, 2011

Got Questions?

It is okay to have questions. After all remember God himself said that Job was the most righteous man in all the world and to this day is a model of faith. But when you read his words he still had questions but his faith never wavered.

It is okay to have questions about things we experience. However we still have to keep in mind that God is sovereign and have the faith that He is in control of everything, even though we may not like it or understand it. God makes this perfectly clear when in chapter 38 He decides to break his silence towards Job when he says:

1 Then the Lord answered Job from the whirlwind:2 “Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words?  3 Brace yourself like a man, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. 4 Tell me, if you know so much. “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much.

We all wonder why, at some of the the things that go on around us. After all we live in a sinful fallen world. But if we keep in mind that God is in control and we are not we won't question God's wisdom. Chapters 38 and 39 are filled with how vast God's power is. I would strongly suggest that you read these two chapters today to get a renewed appreciation for God's complete control. Verses 19-21 are a small sampling of the two chapters.

19 “Where does light come from, and where does darkness go?  20 Can you take each to its home? Do you know how to get there?  21 But of course you know all this! For you were born before it was all created, and you are so very experienced!

At the beginning of chapter 40 God says to Job in verse 2:

2 “Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You are God’s critic, but do you have the answers?”
And Job answers in the only way he could:
4 “I am nothing—how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand. 5 I have said too much already. I have nothing more to say.”

Perhaps we should answer the same way and trust in the fact the we have a sovereign God that is in complete control.

No comments:

Post a Comment