Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why Not Easter Everyday?

Blog disclaimer: Between now and May 1st my daily blogs may be sporadic and shorter while I prepare a sermon to deliver the Sunday after Easter. Regular Blogs will continue on May 2nd.

Colossians 1:21-22

21 This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. 22 Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.

 How fitting for these verses to be where I am at in Colossians on Easter Sunday. I was included in this group. Even though I was pretty good morally I was separated from him by my evil thoughts and actions. I was his enemy. However because of Easter He fixed all of that. I have been reconciled and become a new person. I try to celebrate that every day not just on Easter Sunday. How about you?

1 comment: