Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wise Words From A Wise Man

Today's blog is going to be much different than normal in reading Job 9 I decided there was no way to even comment on the words of Job so I'm just putting them here for you to read. Job speaks so very wisely about God.

If someone wanted to take God to court, would it be possible to answer him even once in a thousand times?
For God is so wise and so mighty. Who has ever challenged him successfully?

Without warning, he moves the mountains, overturning them in his anger. He shakes the earth from its place, and its foundations tremble.
He does great things too marvelous to understand. He performs countless miracles.

Yet when he comes near, I cannot see him. When he moves by, I do not see him go.

If he snatches someone in death, who can stop him? Who dares to ask, ‘What are you doing?’
So who am I, that I should try to answer God or even reason with him? Even if I were right, I would have no defense. I could only plead for mercy. And even if I summoned him and he responded, I’m not sure he would listen to me.

If it’s a question of strength, he’s the strong one. If it’s a matter of justice, who dares to summon him to court?

Though I am innocent, my own mouth would pronounce me guilty. Though I am blameless, it would prove me wicked.

I will comment on verses 32- 35

 32 “God is not a mortal like me,
      so I cannot argue with him or take him to trial.
 33 If only there were a mediator between us,
      someone who could bring us together.
 34 The mediator could make God stop beating me,
      and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment.
 35 Then I could speak to him without fear,
      but I cannot do that in my own strength.

This is where my hope comes from because this has been done. It's Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment