Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting More Than You Could Ever Imagine

Today we come to the end of the book of Job. This is where everything should start to make sense. In the end after God challenged Job, Job saw God for who he really was. He saw God's glory. If you did not read chapters 38 and 39 of Job yesterday read them today along with chapters 40 and 41. I have pasted the link below to remove any excuses from reading them.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+38&version=NLT

These four chapters are filled with the power and wonder of God and here in the beginning of chapter 42 Job gets it. Here is what he says:
1 Then Job replied to the Lord:
2 “I know that you can do anything,
and no one can stop you.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’
It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about,
things far too wonderful for me.
4 You said, ‘Listen and I will speak!
I have some questions for you,
and you must answer them.’
5 I had only heard about you before,
but now I have seen you with my own eyes.
6 I take back everything I said,
and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.”

Job says "now I have seen you with my own eyes." Did he actually see the physical God? Absolutely not. But he saw the power, the wonder, the awe, and the holiness of God. He saw God's glory. You can  do the same thing too, you can see the Glory of God through Jesus Christ and when you do you too will sit in the dust and the ashes and show your repentance. Allot of even so called Christians don't even know what repentance is. It is nothing more than turning your back on sin, walking towards Christ and living a whole new life because you saw the glory of Christ. Then you too like Job will end up with more than you could ever imagine, he doubled everything. It was not the fact that he literaly doubled everything it was the fact that he got more than he could have ever imagined. You can have the same excact thing. More than you could ever imagine. In this life being at peace  may be more than you could ever imagine, Christ offers that. In the next life there is no way to imagine what's in store for you. To be very clear that's either Heaven or Hell trust me you have no idea how good Heaven is or how bad Hell is.

No comments:

Post a Comment