Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Speak Up I Can't Hear You

Some times in our lives we may not say it but in our minds we say to God, speak up I can't here you. A reality that all Christians must face is that some times God remains silent, and as usual He does so with a purpose.
Just because your prayers do not get answered in the way that you would like, you may think that he is not there, or perhaps that you have done something wrong, and that is the reason God is silent. That of course is not the case. Job keeps all of this in perspective here in chapter 23. Again we have to keep in mind what he has been through losing everything along with the fact that his so called friends are there telling him over and over again that the reason for his suffering is something that he must have done wrong in the past. But Job says starting in verse 8

 8 I go east, but he is not there.
      I go west, but I cannot find him.
 9 I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden.
      I look to the south, but he is concealed.

 10 “But he knows where I am going.
      And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold.
 11 For I have stayed on God’s paths;
      I have followed his ways and not turned aside.
 12 I have not departed from his commands,
      but have treasured his words more than daily food.
 13 But once he has made his decision, who can change his mind?
      Whatever he wants to do, he does.
 14 So he will do to me whatever he has planned.
      He controls my destiny.


Job has searched everywhere for God but has not found him. It's not that God is gone because God is everywhere. God for what ever reason up to this point in Job's life has chosen to not reveal himself to Job. Just goes to show that no one finds God. God chooses when to reveal himself to His people.
These verses show the tremendous amount of faith that Job has in God. Again by human standards Job has every right to lose faith in God but he knows that his faith in God is all that he has and he will be proven right in the end. I believe he knows because of what he says in verse 12. That he has not departed from his commands and that he treasures God's word more than his daily food.

These facts are key in the times when God is silent:
He is still there
You are not being punished
Don't depart from his commands
Treasuring his word more than your daily
Truly living by faith
Keep talking to Him. He will answer

No comments:

Post a Comment