Monday, April 25, 2011

The Plan

Blog disclaimer: Between now and May 1st my daily blogs may be sporadic and shorter while I prepare a sermon to deliver the Sunday after Easter. Regular Blogs will continue on May 2nd.

 I’m sure that you have heard the phrase God’s mysterious plan. Have you ever wondered what that is? Colossians 2:2 tells us what that plan is and it is Christ. When it comes to having wisdom and knowledge (and we all know there is a difference) they are found in Jesus. Verse 3 also tells me that there will be those who will be very good at telling you that this is not the case so we need to be prepared.

On kind of a side note, for some time I have heard the phrase that God does not send people to Hell. They just choose to go there. I have always understood it of sorts, but my eyes have been recently opened to where I can actually see it and it makes me sad.
Colossians 2:2-3

2 I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. 3 In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment