Sunday, April 10, 2011

Those Boring Christians

Christians are portrayed as being boring and dull. Christians are in reality really funny. Just last week at our small group/ bible study we laughed until we had tears. That's right I said bible study. Just last night I went to see Tim Hawkins and laughed practically non-stop for an hour and a half. Best entertainment dollar I have ever spent. Check out this clip and then continue reading below.




There is plenty of humor in the Bible you just have to know where to look and keep your eyes opened for it. Even in a book as serious and tragic as Job. It's funny how in the very chapter I was reading this morning there is humor. I have been told that I tend to have a sarcastic sense of humor so I really appreciate these next two sets of scripture from Job. I detect some sarcasm towards his so called friends who are trying to give him advice.
Job 12
2 “You people really know everything, don’t you? And when you die, wisdom will die with you! 3 Well, I know a few things myself— and you’re no better than I am. Who doesn’t know these things you’ve been saying?

Job 13
1 “Look, I have seen all this with my own eyes and heard it with my own ears, and now I understand.  2 I know as much as you do. You are no better than I am. 3 As for me, I would speak directly to the Almighty. I want to argue my case with God himself.
 4 As for you, you smear me with lies. As physicians, you are worthless quacks.
 5 If only you could be silent! That’s the wisest thing you could do.


I've got to hand it to Job this is pretty funny stuff from a guy in his condition. How many people do you know who the wisest thing they could do would be to shut their mouth?

1 comment: